home

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day DIY Coasters


In celebration of all the fathers out there that love to enjoy a cocktail or two, here is a simple, yet meaningful gift that is personal+practical. . .

{SUPPLIES: Modpodge, 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" tile, a small brush, and clear Polycrylic }
{STEP 1:} photocopy your favorite pics onto cardstock. I was lazy and used my color printer
{STEP 2:} trim the pics to size + modpodge onto tile
{STEP 3:} once the modpodge is dry, paint a coat of polycrylic onto your pics
I have to admit, this project came about because I bought these stone ice cubes that I thought were neat. But at the same time, I thought to myself "what a random Father's Day gift?" My dad LOVES his whiskey but I realized my gift needed something more personal.

{STEP 4: Presentation is everything! Tie your best ribbon, twine, or rope around these suckers and your gift is complete and sure to impress!}
These were super easy, cost $1 a pop, and turned out better than I expected! I am definitely going to make these more often. . . birthdays, party favors, any holiday really!

modpodge away. . .xoxo laura

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever been on your way out the door when you catch a glimpse of your reflection and have the feeling that something is off? Even though your clothes look put together and you like your hair or makeup, something else is necessary.
    www.agencyeden.com |

    www.bbflatiron.com |

    www.bearcrawlingnation.com |

    www.belarusforjournalists.info |

    www.benwebmaster.com |

    www.bestof-denver.com |

    www.camden-sc.com |

    www.charlescmann.com |

    www.christinemartincoaching.net |

    www.cs9988.com |

    ReplyDelete